This event is cancelled due to the Governor’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” executive order of March 23 that extends until April 7.
- Plastic film can be dropped off for recycling at grocery stores. You can bring all the plastic film we accept at StyroFest - plastic bags as well as overwrap and bubble wrap / packing bubbles. You can see an official list of participating locations at plasticfilmrecycling.org (some grocers have a collection station but are not listed - your local grocer is likely to have one). Please hold onto your material until the "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" order is completed.
- Styrofoam recycling options are limited due to many challenges of the material. We recommend throwing away smaller pieces of Styrofoam that are able to fit in your trash container and saving only the largest pieces for future events due to our capacity limitations (it is not possible to add more capacity to our events as there is only one business in the Seattle area that recycles material and they are at capacity). Styrofoam is not accepted in your home recycling cart because it is unable to be sorted at the Recycling Center. The next StyroFest is scheduled for June. Styrofoam will also be accepted at our May 16 Recycling Collection Event.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for staying home and staying healthy to protect our community!
- Kirkland offers free curbside collection of personal electronics next to your cart for single-family residents. Recycle anything from laptops to keyboards to smartphones to graphing calculators. Items must be able to be picked up by a single person, less than 60 pounds, and smaller than 2'x2'x2'. TVs up to 21" are accepted. To schedule pickup of electronics curbside, contact WM Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you cannot put out your items curbside, please hold onto them until the "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" order concludes. After that time, you can find drop-off options for certain electronics through E-Cycle Washington. Through that free program, you can recycle TVs, computers, monitors, tablets, and e-readers.
All 2020 StyroFest Dates (all events on Saturday)
- January 4 - with shredding
- February 1
March 7 - with shredding - CANCELLED due to coronavirus
April 4 - with electronics recycling - CANCELLED due to coronavirus
- June 6
- July 11
- August 1 - with shredding
- September 12
- November 7
- December 5 - with shredding
No StyroFest events in May and October - attend our Recycling Collection Events instead. Both StyrofoamTM recycling and shredding will be available at our Recycling Collection Events.