- Project typeSewage lift station
- Project value$3,442,000
- Project scheduleJanuary 2020 - December 2020
- Contractor nameGary Harper Construction
Construction is nearing completion on a replacement for the Rose Point lift station, which helps move sewage from 60 homes in the Market neighborhood toward Renton’s sewage treatment facility.
The new lift station will feature a 300 square-foot control and generator room, a retaining wall and a back-up generator. The project will also upgrade the lift station’s electrical controls.
To build the new lift station, Kirkland’s contractor built a 10-foot retaining wall to prevent erosion along the hillside.
WHEN: Gary Harper Construction is working from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and on some Fridays.
The contractor will complete the project by January 2021.
WHAT TO EXPECT: Crews removed several trees and some vegetation to prepare the site for the new lift station. They will replant the hillside with native trees and vegetation.
- Gary Harper Construction is staging equipment at the project site.
- The contractor is maintaining access for local residents, mail delivery, garbage pick-up and emergency vehicles.