- Project typeStreet preservation
- Project value2,133,100
- Project scheduleJune 20 - December 1
- Contractor nameLakeside Industries
WHAT: A Kirkland contractor begins in late June restoring and repaving 98th Avenue Northeast, between Forbes Creek Drive and Northeast 116th Street.
Lakeside Industries, Kirkland’s contractor, will repair the bridge deck, its joints, as well as areas of the street’s subsurface. This includes repairs to areas where old road-support piles are protruding into the pavement.
The new roadway will drain stormwater more effectively and be smoother for driving and bicycling.
Lakeside will also repair broken curbs along the corridor and improve access to the sidewalk near Fire Station 21 by upgrading the curb ramps at its driveway to be compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
WHEN: Lakeside Industries’ crews will work 7 p.m. to 5 a.m., Monday through Friday to repair sidewalk, curbs, curb ramps and the roadway. Hours may vary slightly.
WHAT TO EXPECT: Commuters should expect travel delays while crews are repairing and repaving the roadway.
- Lakeside Industries will detour traffic around closed street sections and will shift travel lanes to accommodate construction zones.
- The contractor will maintain access for local residents, mail, emergency responders and waste management.