Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Kirkland Passport Office is closed.
The City’s re-opening of the passport office will depend on the status of the COVID-19 virus, and we will follow guidelines from the State of Washington on when to re-open our passport facility. The facility will remain closed through at least March 31, 2021.
Some Postal Facilities are taking applicants. More information can be found at:
To locate other passport facilities, or for additional passport information, you may contact the U.S. State Dept. at 1-877-487-2778, or visit their website at travel.state.gov
Upon our re-opening, the City of Kirkland will implement an APPOINTMENT ONLY
system to maintain social distancing guidelines and follow sanitization protocols.
We are not taking appointments at this time.
It takes approximately 30 minutes to process your application. To ensure a timely procedure, please note the following:
- All applicants must be present at time of application, regardless of age or previous passport status.
- All DS11/DS64 forms must be completed in full, fill the entire 8 x 11 page and be UNSIGNED
- Do NOT attach photo
- Two separate payments are required:
- US Department of State: MUST be a personal check, money order or cashier's check
- City of Kirkland execution fee: We accept cash, check or Visa/MasterCard
- You must bring clear, black and white photocopies of the front and back of all supporting documents used to apply.
- You must present a physical, government-issued photo identification document (ID) when submitting Form DS-11(PDF, 141KB) if you are:
- Over age 18
- The parent or guardian identifying an applicant under age 18
- Applicants under age 16 must be accompanied by both parents. If only one parent is available, a notarized Statement of Consent Form must be submitted, with a front and back copy of photo ID of the non-applying parent.
The City of Kirkland is a Passport Acceptance Facility, allowing us to assist with applications for a US passport. By US regulation, only federal, state or local government officials may serve as passport acceptance agents. Acceptance agents receive applications from the public and review them to ensure all necessary information and citizenship evidence is included. They administer the required oath and witness the applicants' signatures, then forward the applications to the Passport Services Agency (US Dept. of State) for issuance. Acceptance facilities also provide the public with general information on passport procedures and serve as a liaison between applicants and Passport Services Agencies.
The actual decision to issue or deny a passport is made only by a Passport Services Agency, not the City of Kirkland. To check on the status of a submitted passport, please call Toll Free 1-877-487-2778.