Minor Applicants (age 0-15)

First Time and Renewal Applicants: Age 0-15

*Please note that the following documentation may ALSO be required for applicants age 16 & 17.

Required Documentation:

1. Passport Application Form (DS 11)External Link
- This form is to be completely filled out and submitted at the time of application. The passport agent cannot add or edit any information after executing, so please double check all forms for completeness. The form is available online or at City Hall.

2. Proof of Citizenship
- All must be originals or certified copies. Photocopies are not acceptable. Please note that the originals are submitted with the application, and will be mailed back separately from the new passport.

  • Certified U.S. Birth Certificate OR
  • Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization OR
  • Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350) OR
  • Previous fully valid U.S. Passport OR
  • Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-24) 

3. Proof of Parental Relationship or Guardianship

  • Certified Birth Certificate OR
  • Certified Adoption Decree OR
  • Certified Divorce Decree (must list applying parent as primary parent) OR
  • Certified Death Certificate OR
  • Certified Court Order Determining Guardianship

4. Parental Identification (both parents are required to submit at least one form of valid state or federal issued ID)

  • Driver's license,
  • Valid Passport,
  • Military ID and/or,
  • Government ID

- If photo identification is from out of state, expired, or the soft copy (driver's license), you must present at least one other form of photo ID.

5. Photograph

- One photograph on photo quality paper, 2”x2” square, with white or off-white background must be submitted with application. Photograph must meet U.S. Passport StandardsExternal Link. Kirkland City Hall does not provide this service, therefore it is required that it be brought in at the time of application.

6. Payment

Must have one (1) check or money order for the application fee, payable to the U.S. Department of State.  The 35.00 execution fee may be paid by a separate check or money order, cash, or a Visa/MasterCard.

PLEASE NOTE: Both parents AND applying child must be present at time of application. 
If one parent can not be present, they may fill out the DS-3053 and the applying parent can submit that with front and back copies of the second parent's ID.

More information can be found at: travel.state.govlinks to external site