The City of Kirkland is partnering with community-based organizations to provide rent and mortgage assistance for residents. Email email@example.com or (425) 587-3326
Вы арендатор или арендодатель и нуждаетесь в финансовой помощи? У вас есть право претендовать на получение жилищной поддержки. Информация о социальном страховании не требуется. Если вы говорите по-русски, то для получения помощи на русском языке звоните по телефону (425) 289-6805. cisc-seattle.org
您是正在寻求财务资助的租户或房东吗？您可能有资格获得住房援助。不需要提供社会安全信息。如果您会说普通话，请致电 (425) 289-6805 获取普通话帮助。cisc-seattle.org
¿Es inquilino o propietario de vivienda y necesita asistencia económica? Puede calificar para apoyo de vivienda. No se necesita información del Seguro Social. Si habla español, llame/envíe un mensaje de texto al (425) 891-0345 para obtener ayuda en español. www.4tomorrow.today
Você é um inquilino ou proprietário em busca de ajuda financeira? Você pode estar qualificado para apoio habitacional. As informações do seguro social não são necessárias. Se você fala português, ligue/envie mensagem de texto para (425) 891-0345 para obter ajuda em português. www.4tomorrow.today
Bellevue Conflict Resolution Center: Are you behind in rent, or think you may be soon? Are you a landlord or tenant looking for help working out repayment options? The Bellevue Conflict Resolution Center is here to help and is available for Kirkland residents. Information is available in multiple languages and interpretation services are provided as needed. To find out more, please call the Conflict Resolution Center at 425-452-4091, or visit the Bellevue Conflict Resolution Center webpage.
Eastside Legal Assistance Program (ELAP): If you are facing housing-related challenges stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic and you cannot afford a lawyer, the Eastside Legal Assistance Program (ELAP) may be able to help. ELAP provides non-criminal legal services to Kirkland residents facing eviction and other housing-related legal issues. ELAP is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping people faced with domestic violence, housing, financial, healthcare, immigration and other issues that need a legal solution. To find out if you qualify, visit: www.elap.org or call 425-747-7274.
The City of Kirkland has extended the eviction moratorium until September 30, 2021. Landlords are not allowed to file an eviction for non-payment of rent. This moratorium does not remove the requirement for tenants to pay rent. There is financial assistance available for tenants and landlords. Please do not wait until the moratorium ends to seek assistance. These programs are available to help with unpaid and future rent now.
The King County Eviction Prevention and Rent Assistance program has over $200 million in assistance available for households impacted by Covid-19 due to illness, loss of income, or unemployment. To apply, visit here. If you need language assistance: Please contact 206-477-1331
If you currently face foreclosure and need a resource to help navigate the process, FREE housing counseling and civil legal aid for income-qualified individuals and families are currently available by contacting the Washington Homeownership Resource Center. The Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. To contact the Center, visit their website at https://www.homeownership-wa.org/contact, or call toll free 1–877–894-4663. Online contact: https://portal.homeownership-wa.org/auth/register
Mortgage forbearance is available for household income impacted by Covid-19. If you want to talk to a housing counselor, call the Washington Homeownership Hotline at 1(877) 894-HOME. For mediation, foreclosure prevent, and forbearance options, visit the WA Department of Financial Institutions.
Resources for Landlords
- Limited Landlord Relief Program: Low-income landlords can receive up to 80% of unpaid rents from March 1, 2020 through December 31, 2021
- Landlord Covid-19 Relief Programs: Landlords can receive up to $15,000 for unpaid rents from March 1, 2020 through December 31st, 2021 for tenants who have defaulted on a repayment plan or vacated the unit without being evicted by court order.
- Tenant Preservation Program: Provides court-approved zero-interest loans to tenants to satisfy a judgment awarded to the landlord during an eviction for non-payment of rent and up to three months of future rents.
- Landlord Damage Relief Program: Landlords can receive up to $5,000 for repairs made to damage caused by a subsidized tenant and up to $1,000 plus up to 14 days of rent loss for making repairs required to pass an HQS inspection for subsidy.
- The City of Kirkland may provide assistance for landlords with tenants behind in rent or have questions about the extended moratorium/protections in place. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or (425) 587-3326.