City Hall for All
Interact with City Offices and Trucks, Local Businesses
Community members of all ages are invited to the City of Kirkland’s “City Hall for All” event on Saturday, September 9. This event is part of Welcoming Week, an annual campaign that celebrates the work in communities to become welcoming places for all.
On Saturday, September 9, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., City Hall for All will feature:
- Interactive booths with City staff sharing program information from various Departments
- Meet and greets with City Councilmembers
- Open City services – get a pet license, pay a utility bill or sign up for a recreation class
- Guided tours of Kirkland City Hall
- New Eastside Made Pop-up Market featuring 30+ Kirkland and Eastside businesses
- Truck-a-Palooza! A much-loved event featuring a variety of City trucks and vehicles
- Sensory-Friendly Quiet Room and 30-min of Quiet Truck-a-Palooza from 10:30 to 11 a.m.
This year, the city of Kirkland is working with community organizations to become the first city in Washington to receive a “Welcoming America” certification, a formal designation for cities that have created policies and programs that reflect their values and commitment to inclusion, especially for immigrants and refugees.
Welcoming Week is sponsored by Welcoming America, a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that supports local outreach efforts to build bridges between newcomers and long-time residents. This year’s national campaign is dedicated to fostering a more welcoming nation where everyone–regardless of their background–can feel they belong.
Truck-a-Palooza Rumbling into “City Hall for All”
Kids of all ages will have the chance to climb onto a firetruck, dump truck, and many other City trucks at Truck-a-Palooza, part of Kirkland’s “City Hall for All” event on Saturday, September 9, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Truck-a-Palooza is a community favorite and will feature a dozen or so trucks and vehicles stationed around City Hall parking lot, including:
- Fire engine ladder truck
- Antique fire engine
- Dump truck
- Garbage truck
- Vactor truck
- Police cruiser
- Spider-like Arbor Pro
Truck-a-Palooza will feature a free parachute toy drop from the ladder truck, as well as other fun giveaways and free photos with Fire Chief Joe Sanford.
From 10:30 to 11 a.m., most of the trucks will be available and in a quiet mode for those seeking a sensory-friendly experience.
City of Kirkland Eastside Made Pop-Up Market
Shop and discover all that the Eastside has to offer at the City of Kirkland Eastside Made Pop-Up Market on Saturday, September 9 from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. in the Wester Parking Lot at Kirkland City Hall.
Don't miss this opportunity to shop local and celebrate our small businesses and entrepreneurs who are designing, making, and growing their products in Kirkland and across the Eastside.
For more information including a full vendor list visit https://oneeastside.org/eastside-made/
Quiet Room and 30-Min Quiet Truck-a-palooza
Events like City Hall for All can be a lot to take in. The City is striving to be sensory-friendly by implementing a few changes to this year's event:
- Sensory-friendly space – we are opening the Peter Kirk Room conference room (accessible from the lower entrance) to offer a quiet space as a reprieve from the event. The room will have the lights setting on the lowest option and fish scenery on the screen. We will supply the room with water and with tactile items.
- 30-min quiet Truck-a-palooza from 10:30 to 11 a.m.
- Ear plugs available at the City table – to hand out if noise level is too high
Parking will be street parking only. We encourage you to walk, bike, or bus to the event. A complimentary bike valet will be available near the east entrance of City Hall. To plan your trip using King County Metro, visit: https://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/