City Council Meeting Date: May 3, 2016
The Hearing Examiner on March 16, 2016 entered her recommendation
Last updated April 13, 2016
Vicinity Map. Click on image to expand.
Additional Information Submitted by Applicant
Desiree Goble, Planner
City of Kirkland Planning Department
123 5th Avenue
Kirkland, WA 98033
KLN Construction, Inc.
19000 33rd Avenue NE
Lynwood, WA 98036
(425) 778-4111 x105
- Hearing Examiner Recommendation
- Exhibit A: March 9, 2016 Hearing Examiner Packet
- Exhibits B through D
- Exhibits E through I
- Exhibits J through L
- Exhibits M through T
- March 9th, 2016 Hearing Examiner Meeting Packet
- Bridlestone Estates Rezone and Subdivision Challenge
- Bridlestone Estates Applicant Response to Challenge
4600 - 4646 116th Avenue NE
(South of Sablewood and North of Cor-Sun Ranch Estates on the east side of 116th Avenue NE)
The applicant is seeking approval of the following elements:
- Rezone the property from RS 35 (single-family residential, minimum lot size of 35,000 sq. ft.) to RS 12.5 (single-family residential, minimum lot size of 12,500 sq. ft.)
- Subdivide the property into 35 lots for construction of single-family homes
- Wetland Fill/Wetland Creation - "Paper fill" of wetland area is proposed in order to provide road access to the property from 116th Avenue NE near the southwest corner of the property and required right-of-way improvements along 116th Avenue NE. "Paper fill" means that they are not actually filling the wetland, but are reducing the wetland buffer beyond the maximum allowed by code. New wetland area is proposed to mitigate for the "filled" wetland.
- Wetland Buffer Modification - Reduction in standard wetland buffer width to meet the City required right-of-way improvements for road access.
- Stream Culvert Installation - A culvert or bridge will be needed in order to widen the road access to meet City requirements.
- Demolish all existing structures
Project Status & Process
The Bridlestone Estates project will be processed under the City's Process IIB review process. The Hearing Examiner held a public hearing and made a recommendation to City Council to approve the proposal with conditions.
Project/process updates will be sent out via the Bridlestone Estate Subdivision & Rezone list serv. Therefore, if you would like to be kept informed via email, please sign up for the project list serv by clicking on the 'Kirkland Email Alert' button below.
- March 26, 2015 - Applications submitted
- April 24, 2015 - Issued a determination that applications were not complete and identified material that is missing or needs clarification
- June 25, 2015 - Issued a determination of completeness
- July 2, 2015 - Issued the notice of application
- July 2 through July 21, 2015 - Official public comment period
- January 29, 2016 - Issued Determination of Non-Significance (SEPA Determination)
- March 9, 2016 - Hearing Examiner Meeting
- March 21, 2016 - Deadline to Challenge Hearing Examiner recommendation
- March 28, 2016 - Deadline for response to Challenge of Hearing Examiner recommendation
- May 3, 2016 - City Council Meeting to consider application
- City Council consideration of the Bridlestone Estate Rezone and Subdivision is a closed record meeting, meaning there is no opportunity for public testimony or the introduction of any additional information. Most likely City Council will postpone making a decision (as allowed by Zoning Code Section 152.90.2.b) at the May 3, 2016 meeting due to the: challenge to the Hearing Examiner recommendation; response to the challenge of the Hearing Examiner recommendation; and overall complexity of the issues.