Provide and demonstrate excellence;
making Kirkland the place to be.
Parks & Community Services strives to enrich and enhance Kirkland’s quality of life.
We are dedicated to:
- Protecting, preserving, and enriching public lands.
- Creating environments and opportunities to meet the diverse leisure needs of the community.
- Leading effective collaborative community responses to basic human service needs.
- Reaching for excellence in attitude, performance, and response.
The three primary goals of Parks & Community Services are to:
- Acquire, develop, and renovate a system of parks, recreational facilities, and open spaces that are attractive, safe, functional, and available to all segments of the population.
- Enhance the quality of life in the community by providing services and programs that offer positive opportunities for building healthy productive lives.
- Protect and preserve publicly owned natural resource areas.