Join the Green Kirkland Partnership to help with the restoration of O. O. Denny Park. Volunteers will spend the morning participating in restoration activities which may include removing non-native invasive plants like English ivy and Himalayan blackberry, spreading mulch over cleared areas, and planting native trees, shrubs and ground covers. No experience necessary and ages are welcome!
This event will be led by our partners at EarthCorps. Follow this link to register on their website.
What to Bring: Please dress for the weather (layers are encouraged and rain gear is a must most times of year), wear close-toed shoes and clothes that you don't mind getting dirty. Bring a filled water bottle and snacks to munch on. Tools, gloves and training will be provided.
Where to meet: Meet at the south side of the western parking lot. When you are looking at the lake from the lower parking lot this is to your left.
Parking: Parking is available in parking lots on either the west or east side of Holmes Point Road.
Youth Volunteering Volunteers age 14-17 attending the event without a parent or guardian must bring a waiver signed by a parent or guardian to the event with them. Download the Green Kirkland Youth Volunteer Waiver. Volunteers younger than 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
Directions: Address of park is 12032 Holmes Point Road
From I-405 North
1. Take exit 20A for Northeast 116th Street
2. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-405
3. Use any lane to turn left onto NE 116th St
4. NE 116th St turns slightly right and becomes NE Juanita Dr
5. Turn left onto 76th Pl NE
6. Continue onto Holmes Point Dr NE
From 405 South
1. Take exit 20 for NW 124th
2. Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto NE 124th St
3. Turn left onto 100th Ave NE
4. Continue onto NE 120th Pl
5. Turn right to stay on NE 120th Pl
6. Slight left onto 97th Ave NE
7. Turn right onto NE Juanita Dr
8. Turn left on 76th
9. Continue onto Holmes Point Drive NE
This event was made possible with support from King Conservation District