KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING
City Council Chamber
Wednesday, November 8, 2017
6:00 p.m. - Study Session
7:30 p.m. - Special Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION
a. Mid-Biennial Budget Update
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
b. Items from the Audience
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: (1) October 17, 2017
(2) October 18, 2017
b. Audit of Accounts:
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
g. Approval of Agreements
(1) Resolution R-5277, Approving an Interagency Agreement for Pollution Prevention Assistance Between the State of Washington, Department of Ecology and the City of Kirkland.
h. Other Items of Business
(1) Resolution R-5278, Adopting the Continuity of Operations (COOP) and Continuity of Government (COG) Plan.
(2) Resolution R-5279, Adopting the Human Services Commission Work Plan for 2017-2018.
(3) Report on Procurement Activities
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. 2017-2018 Mid-Biennial Budget
b. Preliminary 2017 to 2022 Capital Improvement Program
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. Houghton Everest Neighborhood Center Update
b. Ordinance O-4613 and its Summary, Relating to Development Fees and Amending Kirkland Municipal Code Chapters 5.74.070.
c. Ordinance O-4614 and its Summary, Adopting Portions of the City's Local Animal Control Provisions that Set Forth the Regulations Applicable to Cruelty to Animals, Nuisances, Notices and Orders to Abate a Public Nuisance, Appeal Procedures, Vicious Animals, Dangerous Dogs, and Potentially Dangerous Dogs.
d. Ordinance O-4615, Authorizing and Providing for the Acquisition of Interests in Land for Park Purposes, Providing for the Cost of Property Acquisition, and Authorizing the Initiation of Appropriate Eminent Domain Proceedings in the Manner Provided for by Law.
e. 6th Street Corridor Study Draft Report
f. School Playfields Partnership Program
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. Draft Proposed 2018 State Legislative Priorities
b. Ordinance O-4616 and its Summary, Granting MCImetro Access Transmission Services Corp., a Delaware Corporation, d/b/a Verizon Access Transmission Services, a Non-Exclusive Communications Master Use Permit for the Right, Privilege, and Authority to Make Use of the Permit Area for Wireline Communications Purposes.
a. City Council Regional and Committee Reports
(1) Prioritizing Sound Cities Association (SCA) 2018 Open Seats/Appointments to Regional Boards and Committees
b. City Manager Reports
(1) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE