KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
6:00 p.m. - Study Session
7:30 p.m. - Special Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION
a. Snow and Ice Response Plan 2014-2015
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. To Review the Performance of a Public Employee
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
b. Items from the Audience
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
a. Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Winter 2014 Graduation
b. Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting
c. Kirkland 2035 Update #16
d. Healthy Kirkland Initiative Update
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: (1) November 18, 2014
(2) November 19, 2014 Special Meeting
b. Audit of Accounts
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
(1) Vertical Construction Contract for Kirkland's Job Order Contract Program, Saybr Contractors Inc., Tacoma, Washington
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
g. Approval of Agreements
(1) Resolution R-5088, Approving an Interlocal Agreement Between the Cities of Bellevue, Issaquah, Kenmore, Kirkland, Mercer Island, Redmond, and Shoreline Establishing the Human Services Pooled Fund.
h. Other Items of Business
(1) Related Actions for Adopting the 2015-2016 Biennial Budget:
(a) Resolution R-5085, Finding That Special Conditions Exist and Suspending the Reserve Replenishment Principle Restricting the Use of Unplanned Funds.
(b) Resolution R-5086, Approving Two Contingent Service Packages Related to Staffing Needs for the Anticipated Redevelopment of Parkplace and Totem Lake and Authorizing the Expenditure of Funds.
(c) Resolution R-5087, Adopting the Revised Policy for Investment of City Funds.
(2) Resolution R-5089, Relinquishing Any Interest the City May Have, Except for a Utility Easement, in an Unopened Right-of-Way as Described Herein and Requested by Property Owners John Michael May and Janeen Diana May.
(3) Report on Procurement Activities
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. Ordinance O-4467, Amending the Biennial Budget for 2013-2014.
b. Ordinance O-4466, Adopting the Biennial Budget for 2015-2016.
c. Ordinance O-4468, Establishing the Amount of Property Taxes to be Levied for the Year 2015, the First Year of the City of Kirkland's 2015-2016 Fiscal Biennium and Repealing Ordinance 4464.
d. Resolution R-5090, Adopting Updates to the 2013-2018 Six-Year Capital Improvement Program for the City of Kirkland.
e. Resolution R-5091, Authorizing the City Manager to Sign the Interagency Agreement Between the Cities of Bellevue, Kirkland, Newcastle, Redmond, Renton, and King County Regarding Coordinated Environmental Review, Third Party Research, and Response to Puget Sound Energy's Proposed Energize Eastside 230 kV Transmission Line Project.
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. Ordinance O-4469 and its Summary, Relating to Comprehensive Planning and Land Use and Amending the Comprehensive Plan Ordinance 3481, as Amended, and Approving a Summary for Publication, File No. CAM14-02100.
b. Ordinance O-4470, Relating to the Collection of Impact Fees for Schools and Amending the Fee Schedule in Kirkland Municipal Code 27.08.150.
c. Resolution R-5092, Authorizing the Purchase of a Used Office Equipment System for the City Hall Remodel Project and Waiving Competitive Bidding Requirements Due to the Presence of Special Market Conditions.
a. City Council Reports
(1) Finance and Administration Committee
(2) Planning and Economic Development Committee
(3) Public Safety Committee
(4) Public Works, Parks and Human Services Committee
(5) Tourism Development Committee
(6) Regional Issues
b. City Manager Reports
(1) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE