KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City Council Chamber
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
6:00 p.m. - Study Session
7:30 p.m. - Regular Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION
a. Trees and Development Regulations Update
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
b. Items from the Audience
a. Get Active, Stay Active Grant Award
b. American Planning Association Great Street Award
c. EnviroStars Green Business Program Update
d. Kirkland Youth Council and Kirkland Teen Union Building Updates
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: October 3, 2017
b. Audit of Accounts:
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
g. Approval of Agreements
h. Other Items of Business
(1) Resolution R-5273, Approving the City of Kirkland's Allocation for the North East King County Regional Public Safety Communications Agency (NORCOM) Budget.
(2) Resolution R-5274, Approving the Subdivision and Final Plat of Wildridge Being Planning and Building Department File No. SUB16-00921 and Setting Forth Conditions to Which Such Subdivision and Final Plat Shall Be Subject.
(3) Studio East Funding Request
(4) Purchase of Holiday Tree Extension
(5) Surplus of Equipment Rental Vehicle/Equipment
(6) Report on Procurement Activities
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. Continuity of Operations and Continuity of Government Plan Draft
b. Ordinance O-4611 and its Summary, Relating to Emergency Management.
c. Resolution R-5275, Approving an Amendment to Section 3.12 and Adding New Sections 3.25 and 3.26 to the Kirkland City Council Policies and Procedures.
d. Ordinance O-4607 and its Summary, Relating to Short-Term Rentals.
e. Ordinance O-4612 and its Summary, Adopting Local Animal Control Provisions That Set Forth the Regulations Applicable to Enforcement, Penalties, and Impounding Procedures.
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. Human Services Commission Draft Work Plan
b. Park Board Interview Selection Committee Recommendations
c Resolution R-5276, Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Real Property Purchase and Sale Agreement for a Portion of Tax Parcel #2826059085 for the Extension of 118th Avenue NE.
a. City Council Regional and Committee Reports
(1) Prioritizing Sound Cities Association (SCA) 2018 Open Seats/Appointments to Regional Boards and Commissions
b. City Manager Reports
(1) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE