KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City Council Chamber
Tuesday, September 6, 2016
6:00 p.m. - Study Session
7:30 p.m. - Regular Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION
a. Police Strategic Plan Update
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. Closed Session to Discuss Labor Negotiations
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
b. Items from the Audience
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: (1) August 16, 2016
b. Audit of Accounts:
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
g. Approval of Agreements
h. Other Items of Business
(1) Ordinance O-4529, Prohibiting Parking in Bicycle Lanes.
(2) Ordinance O-4530, Establishing the Amount of Property Taxes to be Levied for the Year 2016, the Second Year of the City of Kirkland's 2015-2016 Fiscal Biennium and Repealing Ordinance 4500.
(3) New Position for Parks and Community Services
(4) Resolution R-5206, Approving Amendments to Section 3.24 of the Kirkland City Council Policies and Procedures, and Readopting All of the Council Policies and Procedures.
(5) Report on Procurement Activities
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. Resolution R-5205, Supporting Initiative Measure No. 735, Concerning a Proposed Amendment to the Federal Constitution.
(1) Initiative Measure No. 735
Initiative Measure No. 735 concerns a proposed amendment to the federal constitution.
This measure would urge the Washington state congressional delegation to propose a federal constitutional amendment that constitutional rights belong only to individuals, not corporations, and constitutionally-protected free speech excludes the spending of money.
Should this measure be enacted into law?
( ) Yes
( ) No
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. Kirkland Cemetery Policy and Procedure Review
b. Ordinance O-4528, Relating to Land Use and Zoning and Amending Kirkland Zoning Code Chapter 115. (marijuana buffer requirements)
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. 2015-2016 Urban Forestry Annual Report
a. City Council Regional and Committee Reports
b. City Manager Reports
(1) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE