KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City Council Chamber
Tuesday, April 18, 2017
6:00 p.m. - Study Session
7:30 p.m. - Regular Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION
a. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Transition Plan Update
b. 100th Avenue NE Design Update
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
a. Citizen Hero Award
b. Honoring Outgoing Board and Commission Members
c. YWCA Stand Against Racism Proclamation
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
b. Items from the Audience
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: (1) April 4, 2017
(2) April 4, 2017
(3) April 11, 2017
b. Audit of Accounts:
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
g. Approval of Agreements
h. Other Items of Business
(1) Ordinance O-4571, Relating to Codification of Ordinances Related to the Establishment of the Houghton Community Municipal Corporation.
(2) Ordinance O-4572, Relating to Codification of the Term of Existence of the Houghton Community Municipal Corporation.
(3) Ordinance O-4573, Relating to Abandoned and Unauthorized Vehicles and Municipal Court Jurisdiction for Tow Hearings.
(4) Ordinance O-4574, Relating to Pawnbrokers and Secondhand Dealers and Removal of Property Bought or Received in Pledge from Place of Doing Business Following Reporting of Receipt Therof to Chief of Police.
(5) Ordinance O-4575, Relating to the Opertion of Watercraft While Under the Influence of Intoxicating Liquor, Marijuana or Any Drug.
(6) Report on Procurement Activities
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. 2017 Legislative Update #7
b. Resolution R-5250, Pertaining to Adoption of the 2017 - 2019 Planning Work Program.
c. Ordinance O-4576, Relating to Carryout Bags.
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. Ordinance O-4577 and its Summary, Amending the Kirkland Municipal Code to Revise and Create Certain Fees Related to Development Services.
b. Resolution R-5251, Approving an Interlocal Agreement Between the City of Kirkland and Northshore Utility District for the Transfer of Service Area, Amendment and Termination of the Wheeling Agreement and Construction of Improvements.
c. Resolution R-5252, Approving the Amendments to Sections 8.01 and 8.06 of the Kirkland City Council Policies and Procedures, and Readopting All of the Council Policies and Procedures.
d. Approving Pebbles Rippling for 1% for Art Sidewalk Art
e. New Parks and Community Services Position
a. City Council Regional and Committee Reports
b. City Manager Reports
(1) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE