KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City Council Chamber
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
6:00 p.m. - Study Session
7:30 p.m. - Regular Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION
a. Houghton/Everest Neighborhood Center and 6th Street Corridor Update
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
b. Items from the Audience
(1) "In Support of Kirkland City Council Proclamation to Keep Kirkland Safe, Inclusive & Welcoming"
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: (1) February 3, 2017
(2) February 7, 2017
b. Audit of Accounts:
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
g. Approval of Agreements
(1) Resolution R-5237, Approving Participation by the City in an Interlocal Cooperative Purchasing Agreement with National Intergovernmental Purchasing Alliance and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute Said Agreement on Behalf of the City of Kirkland.
(2) Ratification of the 2017-2019 Kirkland Police Guild Commissioned Staff Collective Bargaining Agreement
h. Other Items of Business
(1) Resolution R-5238, Determining the Anticipated Shortfall in Revenues for Providing Municipal Services to the Annexation Area as Required by RCW 82.14.415.
(2) Ordinance O-4556 and its Summary, Relating to Service of Notice.
(3) Ordinance O-4557 and its Summary, Relating to Right of Entry.
(4) Report on Procurement Activities
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. Resolution R-5240, Declaring Kirkland as a Safe, Inclusive and Welcoming City for All People.
b. Ordinance O-4558, Relating to Sustaining a Safe, Inclusive and Welcoming City and Adding a New Chapter 3.18 to the Kirkland Municipal Code.
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. 2017 State Legislative Update #3
b. Kirkland Arts Center Seismic Upgrade Funding Request
c. Resolution R-5239, Setting Priority Goals for 2017-2018 and Adopting the 2017-2018 City Work Program.
d. Finn Hill Middle School Maintenance Pilot Program
e. Ordinance O-4559 and its Summary, Relating to Planning and Building Department Fees and Amending KMC 5.74.070 Regarding Applicable Fees for Decisions Under Chapter 90. File No. CAM15-01832.
f. Ordinance O-4553 and its Summary, Relating to Land Use and the Modification and Granting of a Preliminary (and Final) PUD as Applied for by Larry Scrivanich/Little Lion LLC in the Planning and Building Department File No. SUB15-02157, and Setting Forth Conditions of Said Approval.
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. City Council Regional and Committee Reports
b. City Manager Reports
(1) City Council 2017 Meeting Calendar
(2) Upcoming 2017 City Council Meetings with the Neighborhoods
(3) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE