KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City Council Chamber
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
6:00 p.m. - Study Session
7:30 p.m. - Regular Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION
a. Comprehensive Plan Update:
(1) MRM Follow-up
(2) Nelson Cruikshank Follow-up
(3) Totem Lake:
(a) Totem Lake Citizen Amendment Requests
(b) Totem Lake Plan
(4) Planned Action Ordinance
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
a. Google and SRM Development Proclamation of Appreciation
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
b. Items from the Audience
a. Representative Joan McBride, 48th Legislative District
b. Puget Sound Regional Council VISION 2040 Award - South Kirkland Park and Ride Transit Oriented Development
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: October 6, 2015
b. Audit of Accounts:
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
(1) Kirkland Median Improvements, Signature Landscape Services, Inc., Redmond, Washington
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
g. Approval of Agreements
(1) Ratification of 2015 - 2017 Teamsters Local 763 Collective Bargaining Agreement
(2) Resolution R-5158, Approving an Interlocal Agreement Between the Washington State Patrol and the City of Kirkland for State Fire Service Mobilization Plan Reimbursement.
h. Other Items of Business
(1) Resolution R-5159, Approving the City of Kirkland's Allocation for the North East King County Regional Public Safety Communications Agency (NORCOM) Budget.
(2) Resolution R-5160, Expressing Intent to Authorize Temporary Funding For Two Additional Firefighter Positions in 2016.
(3) Resolution R-5161, Approving the Subdivision and Final Plat of Vintner's Place Being Department of Planning and Community Development File No. SUB13-01508 and Setting Forth Conditions to Which Such Subdivision and Final Plat Shall be Subject,
(4) Cochran Springs / Lake Washington Blvd. Crossing Enhancement Project and Lake Washington Blvd. Water Main at Cochran Springs - Reject All Bids.
(5) Resolution R-5162, Relinquishing Any Interest the City May Have in an Unopened Right-of-Way as Described Herein and Requested by Property Owners Kirk Warburton and Janet Moore.
(6) Purchasing Holiday Tree Replacement
(7) Report on Procurement Activities
(8) Surplus Vehicles for Sale
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. North Kirkland Fire Station:
(1) Resolution R-5156, Relating to the Accomplishment of the Goals of the Interlocal Agreement Between the City of Kirkland and King County Fire Protection District #41 to Increase the Level of Service to the Former Fire District Territory.
(2) Resolution R-5163, Adopting a Plan for Improving Fire/EMS Services in North Kirkland and for New, Renovated or Enhanced Fire Stations Throughout the City.
b. Resolution R-5157, Opposing Initiative Measure No. 1366, Concerning State Taxes and Fees.
(1) Intiative Measure No 1366
Initiative Measure No. 1366 concerns state taxes and fees. This measure would decrease the sales tax rate unless the legislature refers to voters a constitutional amendment requiring two-thirds legislative approval or voter approval to raise taxes, and legislative approval for fee increases. Should this measure be enacted into law?
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. 2016 Tourism Development Committee Funding Recommendations
b. Resolution R-5164, Approving the Addition of Section 3.24, "Remote Attendance at Council Meetings," to the Kirkland City Council Policies and Procedures, and Readopting All of the Council Policies and Procedures.
c. Transportation Concurrency Revision
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. City Council Reports
(1) Finance and Administration Committee
(2) Legislative Committee
(3) Planning and Economic Development Committee
(4) Public Safety Committee
(5) Public Works, Parks and Human Services Committee
(6) Tourism Development Committee
(7) Regional Issues
b. City Manager Reports
(1) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE