KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City Council Chamber
Tuesday, October 6, 2015
6:00 p.m. - Study Session
7:30 p.m. - Regular Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION
a. Comprehensive Plan Update:
(1) Element Chapters
(2) Neighborhood Plans
(3) MRM Request
(4) Citizen Amendment Requests
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
a. Walk Your Child to School Week Proclamation
b. 2015 Arbor Day Proclamation
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
b. Items from the Audience
a. Alliant 2015 Award for Innovation in Health and Productivity
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: (1) September 15, 2015
(2) September 21, 2015 Special Meeting
b. Audit of Accounts:
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
g. Approval of Agreements
(1) Resolution R-5150, Approving Participation by the City in an Interlocal Cooperative Purchasing Agreement With the Kitsap County Department of Emergency Management and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Agreement on Behalf of the City of Kirkland.
(2) Resolution R-5151, Approving Participation by the City in an Interlocal Agreement With Participating Local Governments Within Water Resource Inventory Area 8 (WRIA 8) for Salmon Recovery Planning and Implementation and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Agreement on Behalf of the City of Kirkland.
(3) Resolution R-5152, Designating U.S. Bank as the Official Banking Institution for the City of Kirkland for a Four-Year Period Commencing January 1, 2016, and Approving an Agreement With U.S. Bank for the Furnishing of Commercial Banking Services.
h. Other Items of Business
(1) Resolution R-5153, Allocating the City's Portion of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funds for 2016.
(2) Adopting Recommendation of City Hall Arts Committee and Cultural Arts Commission to Retain Bruce Anderson, Metal Artist, for City Hall Interior Renovation.
(3) Ordinance O-4492 and its Summary, Granting XO Communications Services, LLC a Non-Exclusive Franchise for the Transmission of Telecommunications In, Through, Over and Under the Street Rights of Way of the City of Kirkland.
(4) Resolution R-5154, Relinquishing Any Interest the City May Have, Except for a Utility Easement, in an Unopened Right-of-Way as Described Herein and Requested by Property Owners Jennifer and Coridon Brewer.
(5) Advanced Transportation Technologies Conference Sponsorship
(6) Tourism Development Committee Resignation
(7) Report on Procurement Activities
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. Resolution R-5155, Supporting King County Proposition No. 1, a Regular Property Tax Levy to Fund Prevention and Early Intervention Strategies to Improve the Health and Well-Being of Children, Youth, Families and Communities.
(1) Proposition No. 1
Regular Property Tax Levy for Children, Youth, Families and Communities
The King County Council passed Ordinance No. 18088 concerning funding to improve well-being of children, youth, families and communities. If approved, this proposition would provide funding for prevention and early intervention to achieve positive outcomes related to: healthy pregnancy; parental and newborn support; healthy child and youth development; the health and well-being of communities; and crisis prevention and early intervention for children and youth, including for domestic violence and homelessness. The measure would authorize an additional regular property tax of $0.14 per $1,000 of assessed valuation for collection beginning in 2016 and authorize maximum annual increases of 3% in the succeeding 5 years. Should this proposition be:
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. 2015 Urban Forestry Annual Report
b. Park Board Interview Process
a. City Council Reports
(1) Finance and Administration Committee
(2) Legislative Committee
(3) Planning and Economic Development Committee
(4) Public Safety Committee
(5) Public Works, Parks and Human Services Committee
(6) Tourism Development Committee
(7) Regional Issues
b. City Manager Reports
(1) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE