KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday, July 1, 2014
7:30 p.m. – Regular Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. To Discuss Labor Negotiations
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
a. Park and Recreation Month Proclamation
b. Items from the Audience
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
a. International Association of Firefighters (IAFF) Presentation to Mayor Walen
b. Recognition of Kirkland EnviroStars and Green Business Program Businesses
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: June 17, 2014
b. Audit of Accounts:
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
(1) Annual Street Preservation Program, 2014 Phase II Street Overlay Project, Watson Asphalt Paving Co., Inc., Redmond, Washington
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
g. Approval of Agreements
(1) Resolution R-5062, Authorizing the City Manager to Enter into a Purchase and Sale Agreement for the Sale of Real Property Known as 11515 NE 118th Street, Kirkland, Washington, and Declaring the Property to be Surplus.
h. Other Items of Business
(1) Investment Advisory Services
(2) Resolution R-5063, Authorizing the City Manager to Allocate $7,000 from the City Council Special Projects Reserve Fund to Provide Funding to Imagine Housing for Supportive Services at the Velocity Housing Development Project in 2014.
(3) Ordinance O-4447 and its Summary, Relating to Land Use and Zoning, Amending Ordinance O-4446 to Correct Scrivener's or Clerical Errors in the Adopted Interim Zoning Regulations Regarding the Retail Sale of Recreational Marijuana, Providing for Severability, and Approving a Publication Summary.
(4) Streets and Parks Levy Accountability Reports:
(a) Resolution R-5064, Adopting the 2013 Streets Levy Accountability Report for Proposition 1 - Streets and Pedestrian Safety Levy.
(b) Resolution R-5065, Adopting the 2013 Park Levy Accountability Report for Proposition 2 - Parks Maintenance, Restoration and Enhancement Levy.
(5) Report on Procurement Activities
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
Emergency Sewer Program Options Report
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. Ordinance O-4448 and its Summary, Relating to Long Term Right-of-Way
Use and Amending Chapter 19.04 and Section 5.74.070 of the Kirkland Municipal Code.
a. City Council
(1) Finance and Administration Committee
(2) Planning and Economic Development Committee
(3) Public Safety Committee
(4) Public Works, Parks and Human Services Committee
(5) Tourism Development Committee
(6) Regional Issues
b. City Manager
(1) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE