KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
6:00 p.m. - Study Session
7:30 p.m. – Regular Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION
a. Cross Kirkland Corridor Master Plan
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
a. National Public Works Week Proclamation
b. Items from the Audience
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
a. Kirkland Youth Programs and Recognition:
(1) Kirkland Teen Union Building (KTUB) Report
(2) Kirkland Youth Council Reports
(3) Honoring the Kirkland Youth Council Graduating Class of 2014
(4) Eileen Trentman Memorial Scholarship Recipients
b. Kirkland 2035 Update #13
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: May 6, 2014
b. Audit of Accounts:
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
(1) Totem Lake Culvert Replacement Project, Scarsella Brothers, Inc., Seattle, WA
2013 Crosswalk Initiative Project, Forma Construction, Seattle, WA
Lee Johnson Field Lighting Project, Musco Lighting Systems, Muscatine, IA
g. Approval of Agreements
(1) Resolution R-5051, Intending to Participate as a Joint Agreement City Under the King County Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Home Investment Partnership Program (Home) Consortium and Authorizing the City Manager to Sign the Appropriate Agreements.
h. Other Items of Business
Ordinance O-4443 and its Summary, Granting Astound Broadband, LLC a Non Exclusive Franchise for the Transmission of Telecommunications In, Through, Over and Under the Rights-of-Way of the City of Kirkland.
(2) Resolution R-5052, Authorizing Investment of City of Kirkland Monies in the Local Government Investment Pool (LGIP) and Authorizing the Director of Finance and Administration to Contribute and Withdraw Monies To and From the LGIP.
(3) Resolution R-5053, Authorizing Application of Funding Assistance for Boating Facilities Program Project to the Washington State Recreation and Conservation Office as Provided in Chapter 79A.25 Revised Code of Washington and Washington Administrative Code Title 286, and Subsequent Legislative Action.
(4) Resolution R-5054, Relinquishing Any Interest the City May Have, Except For a Utility Easement, In An Unopened Right-of-Way as Described Herein and Requested By Property Owners Lane and Jill Savitch.
Resolution R-5055, Ratifying Amendments to the King County Countywide Planning Policies.
(6) Resolution R-5056, Authorizing the City Manager to Allocate $25,000 From the City Council Special Projects Reserve Fund to Provide Operational Support of Nourishing Networks Central.
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
MRM Private Amendment Request, File No. ZON11-00006
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. Approving Potential Acquisition of the Spirit of America 9/11 Memorial Statue
b. Ordinance O-4444 and its Summary, Authorizing and Providing for the Acquisition of Interests in Land for the Purpose of the Billy Creek Ravine Stabilization Phase 2 Project Within the City of Kirkland, Providing for the Cost of Property Acquisition and Authorizing the Initiation of Appropriate Eminent Domain Proceedings in the Manner Provided for by Law.
a. City Council Reports
(1) Finance and Administration Committee
(2) Planning and Economic Development Committee
(3) Public Safety Committee
(4) Public Works, Parks and Human Services Committee
(5) Tourism Development Committee
(6) Regional Issues
b. City Manager Reports
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE