KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City Council Chamber
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
6:00 p.m. - Study Session
7:30 p.m. - Regular Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION
a. Parks and Community Services Department Work Plan Update
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
a. Kirkland All-Star Girls Softball Teams Proclamation
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
b. Items from the Audience
a. Kirkland Performance Center
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: February 21, 2017
b. Audit of Accounts:
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
(1) 3rd Avenue South and 2nd Street South Sewermain, and 2nd Street South Watermain Replacement Project, Shoreline Construction Company, Woodinville, WA
(2) Annual Sidewalk Maintenance Program - Group I, Sierra Pacific, Maple Valley, WA
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
g. Approval of Agreements
(1) Resolution R-5241, Approving Participation by the City in an Interlocal Cooperative Purchasing Agreement with the City of Lynnwood and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute Said Agreement on Behalf of the City of Kirkland,
h. Other Items of Business
(1) Ordinance O-4560 and its Summary, Relating to Defining Immediate Family.
(2) Ordinance O-4561, Relating to the Open Space Taxation Act.
(3) Ordinance O-4562, Relating to Payment of Costs of Prosecution Upon Conviction of a Crime.
(4) Resolution R-5242, Sponsoring the Cascade Water Alliance to Join the Association of Washington Cities Employee Benefit Trust.
(5) Resolution R-5243, Authorizing the Duly-Appointed Administering Agency for A Regional Coalition for Housing (ARCH) to Execute All Documents Necessary to Enter Into an Agreement for the Funding of Affordable Housing Projects, as Recommended by the ARCH Executive Board, Utilizing Funds From the City's Housing Trust Fund.
(6) Resolution R-5244, Approving the 2017 A Regional Coalition for Housing (ARCH) Work Program and Administrative Budget.
(7) Resolution R-5245, Relinquishing Any Interest the City May Have, Except for a Utility Easement, in an Unopened Right-of- Way as Described Herein and Requested by Property Owner Johnson Lux Group LLC.
(8) Report on Procurement Activities
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. 2017 State Legislative Update #4
b. Resolution R-5246, Relating to Planning and Land Use and Creating an Advisory Group of Community Members to Assist in Updating the City's Housing Strategy Plan.
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. Resolution R-5247, Authorizing the City Manager to Accept a Donation of Real Property from the Hazen Hills Homeowners Association.
b. Resolution R-5248, Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Real Property Purchase and Sale Agreement for County Owned Property Near Totem Lake.
c. Ordinance O-4563, Relating to Disorderly Conduct and Amending Kirkland Municipal Code 11.84A.030.
d. Planning and Building Staffing
e. Board and Commission Recruitment Interview Selection Committee Recommendation
a. City Council Regional and Committee Reports
b. City Manager Reports
(1) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE