KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City Council Chamber
Tuesday, March 3, 2015
6:00 p.m. - Study Session - Peter Kirk Room
7:30 p.m. - Regular Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION, Peter Kirk Room
a. Joint Meeting with Planning Commission
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
b. Items from the Audience
a. Kirkland Waterfront Demand Assessment
b. Hazardous Slopes Report
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: February 17, 2015
b. Audit of Accounts
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
(1) Kirkland Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Implementation Phase IB Project, Prime Electric, Inc., Bellevue, Washington
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
(1) NE 85th Street Utility Underground Conversion Project, Tri-State Construction, Inc., Bellevue, Washington
g. Approval of Agreements
h. Other Items of Business
(1) Resolution R-5111, Ratifying Approval of the King County 2014 Buildable Lands Report
(2) Resolution R-5112, Authorizing the Director of Finance and Administration, or His or Her Designee, to Contract with Financial Institutions for the Issuance of Credit Cards and to Adopt a Policy and Establish a System Governing the Distribution and Use of Credit Cards.
(3) Ordinance O-4478, Relating to the Appeal Process for Utility Tax Audit Assessments and Amending Section 5.08.180 of the Kirkland Municipal Code.
(4) Report on Procurement Activities
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. Resolution R-5109, Approving an Agreement to Extend and Amend the Redevelopment Agreement for Totem Lake Mall and Authorizing the City Manager to Sign.
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. Park Lane Corridor Enhancements - Update
b. 2015 State Legislative Update #4
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. Ordinance O-4479 and its Summary, Relating to Land Use and Zoning, Repealing Ordinances O-4439, O-4446, O-4447, O-4453 and O-4462; Permitting State-Licensed Marijuana Production and Processing Facilities in the Totem Lake (TL) 7 and 9A Zones and in Light Industrial (LIT) Zones; Permitting State-Licensed Retail Facilitiesin TL 7, TL9A and LIT Zones Where at Least 50 Percent of the Zone is Bounded by Commercial Zones; Prohibiting State-Licensed Retail Facilities in Market Street Corridor (MSC) 1 and 2 Zones; Prohibiting State-Licensed Retail Sales in all Zones on Properties Abutting Designated School Walk Routes; and Amending Kirkland Zoning Code Section 115.100 to Add an Odor Regulation for Processing and Production Facilities; Providing for Severability, and Approving a Publication Summary, File No. CAM14-0237.
b. Resolution R-5113, Ratifying Amendments to the 2014 King County Countywide Policies Regarding Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
c. Resolution R-5114, Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Real Property Purchase and Sale Agreement for Properties Commonly Known as 6711 106th Avenue Northeast and 6705 106th Avenue Northeast, Kirkland, Washington, and Authorizing an Interfund Loan to Finance the Acquisition of the Real Property.
d. Waverly Beach Park Renovation Funding.
a. City Council Reports
(1) Finance and Administration Committee
(2) Legislative Committee
(3) Planning and Economic Development Committee
(4) Public Safety Committee
(5) Public Works, Parks and Human Services Committee
(6) Tourism Development Committee
(7) Regional Issues
b. City Manager Reports
(1) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE