KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City Council Chamber
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
6:00 p.m. - Study Session - Peter Kirk Room
7:30 p.m. – Regular Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION, Peter Kirk Room
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. Joint Meeting with Planning Commission to Discuss Planning Work Program
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
(1) Introducing Rod Dembowski, King County Councilmember for Council District One
b. Items from the Audience
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
a. Kirkland Works Economic Development Video
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: February 5, 2013
b. Audit of Accounts:
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
g. Approval of Agreements
(1) Resolution R-4964, Approving an Interlocal Agreement Between the City of Kirkland and the Northshore Utility District and Granting the Northshore Utility District a Permanent Facilities Easement.
(2) Resolution R-4965, Approving an Interlocal Agreement Between King County and the City of Kirkland Regarding an Amended and Restated Solid Waste Interlocal Agreement.
h. Other Items of Business
(1) Ordinance O-4401 and its Summary, Amending and Updating Kirkland Municipal Code Chapter 11.12 and Incorporating Additional State Law Provisions by Reference.
(2) Resolution R-4966, Determining the Anticipated Shortfall in Revenues for Providing Municipal Services to the Annexation Area as Required by RCW 82.14.415.
(3) NE 112th Street Sidewalk Project - Funding Approval
(4) Report on Procurement Activities
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. 2013 Legislative Update #2
b.Resolution R-4967, Stating the City Council's Position that Coporations are Not Persons Under the Constitution for Purposes of the Regulation of Elections, that Regulating Political Contributions and Spending is Not Equivalent to Limiting Political Speech, and Supporting Limits on Corporations' Ability to Spend Money During Local and National Elections.
c. Regional NE King County Decant Briefing
d. Public Safety Building Update and Authorization to Bid
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. Resolution R-4968, Ratifying Amendments to the King County Countywide Planning Policies.
a. City Council
(1) Finance and Administration Committee
(2) Public Safety Committee
(3) Community Planning, Housing and Economic Development Committee
(4) Public Works, Parks and Human Services Committee
(5) Regional Issues
b. City Manager
(1) City Council Options for Meeting with the Neighborhoods
(2) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE