KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City Council Chamber
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
6:00 p.m. - Study Session
7:30 p.m. – Regular Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. 2013-2014 City Work Program
a. To Discuss Pending and Potential Litigation
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
b. Items from the Audience
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
a. Prepare in a Year Disaster Preparedness Program
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: January 2, 2013
b. Audit of Accounts:
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
(1) NE 53rd Street Sewer Main Replacement Project, Buno Construction, LLC, Snohomish, Washington
g. Approval of Agreements
(1) Resolution R-4956, Authorizing the City Manager to Sign an Amended and Restated Eastside Public Safety Communications Agency Interlocal Agreement and the Articles of Incorporation.
(2) Resolution R-4957, Approving an Interlocal Agreement Between the Cities of Bothell, Edmonds, Kirkland, Lake Forest Park, Lynnwood, Monroe and Mountlake Terrace; Regarding the North Sound Metro Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT)/Crisis Negotiating Team (CNT).
(3) NE King County Co-op Recycling Decant Center Purchase and Sale Agreement
h. Other Items of Business
(1) Resolution R-4954, Approving and Adopting the Annual Update for the Six-Year Transportation and Street Construction and Improvement Program in Accordance With Section 19.08.051, Kirkland Municipal Code.
(2) Resolution R-4958, Authorizing the Duly-Appointed Administering Agency for a Regional Coalition for Housing (ARCH) to Execute All Documents Necessary to Enter Into an Agreement for the Funding of an Affordable Housing Project, as Recommended by the ARCH Executive Board in 2012, Utilizing Funds From the City's Housing Trust Fund.
(3) ARCH 2013 Work Program and Administrative Budget
(4) Resolution R-4959, Approving the Subdivision and Final Plat of Parhaniemi Estates Being Department of Planning and Community Development File No. SUB12-00894 and Setting Forth Conditions to Which Such Subdivison and Final Plat Shall be Subject.
(5) Resolution R-4960, Revising Section 3.8 of the Kirkland City Council Policies and Procedures Manual, "City Council Committee Appointments."
(6) Report on Procurement Activties
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. Solid Waste Interlocal Agreement Statement of Interest
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. 2013 Board and Commission Interview Process
a. City Council
(1) Regional Issues
b. City Manager
(1) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE