See our Guide to Public Parking
LAKE STREET & LAKESHORE PLAZA
Pre-payment Option: The pay stations accept pre-payment if you park prior to 5:00 pm and you want to stay after 5:00 pm. For example, if you park at 3:00 pm and are leaving at 6:30 pm, the pay station will accept your 1½ hour payment early, so that you do not have to go back at 5:00 pm to pay the machine.
PARK & MAIN LOT
Pre-Payment Option: The pay stations accept pre-payment if you park prior to 9:00 am. For example, if you park at 6:00 am and are leaving at 3:00 pm, the pay station will accept your early payment of $6 - no need to go back at 9:00 am to pay the machine.
- In selected lots
2 Hour Parking
3 Hour Parking in lots from 9AM-5PM
- Lake Street
- Lakeshore Plaza
4 Hour Parking
- Peter Kirk Municipal Parking Garage located under
the Kirkland Library. Entrances are on 3rd Street
or Kirkland Avenue.
- 1st Street and 3rd Avenue
- 2nd Avenue South and State Street
|PAY PARKING STATIONS
Up to 4-Hour Parking from 5 p.m. - 9 p.m., Mon-Sat
- Lake Street
- Lakeshore Plaza
- $1.00 per hour (credit/debit or coin only accepted)
All Day Parking (9 a.m - 9 p.m., Mon-Sat)
- Park & Main Lot ($1 per hour, credit/debit or coin only accepted)
Private Pay Parking Lots
- Available for customer parking mostly in the
evenings. See map for locations.
|RESTRICTED OR LIMITED PARKING
Boat Trailer Parking
- Designated at Heritage Park on the corner of
Market Street and Waverly Way.
- Available after 3 or 5 PM and/or 1 Hour (in circle)
- Central Way and Market Street (1)
- Main Street (1)
- Lake Avenue West (1)
Parking Garages and Lots
- Central Way on slanted lot (1 stall)
- Heritage Park (1 stall)
- Lake Street lot (3 stalls)
- Lakeshore Plaza (5 stalls)
- Merrill Gardens parking garage (1 stall)
- Park & Main Lot (5 stalls)
- Peter Kirk Municipal Garage (9 stalls)
- Pool/KPC/PKCC (6 stalls)
No Time-Limit Parking
- Market Street from Central Way
- Central Way between 3rd and 5th Streets
- 3rd Avenue between 1st and 2nd Streets
PARKING PERMITS FOR DOWNTOWN EMPLOYEES
To help ensure that patrons have the best parking spaces, downtown employees are encouraged to park at the Peter Kirk Municipal Garage (library garage). Downtown employee parking permits are available at no charge. The garage is located at the southwest corner of Peter Kirk Park on the corner of Third Street and Kirkland Avenue in downtown Kirkland. There are 217 permit stalls located in the basement, ramp and one aisle on the upper level. Please watch for signs that designate specific permit parking spaces. After 6:00 pm, all garage parking stalls are open to all, without time limit restrictions.
Parking permits can be obtained at City Hall's Public Works counter. For more information, please call 425.587.3800.
What if an employee wants to park in the downtown core?
Monday through Saturday, most on-street parking is limited to 2-hours. Park and Main lot has all day pay parking at $1/hr from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm. Downtown employees are prohibited to park at the Lake & Central and Marina Park parking lots from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm. Overtime parking fines start at $35, and subsequent fines are $50 to $75.
Where else can I park?
See our Guide to Public Parking.
Follow the wayfinding signs to public parking in Kirkland.
Evening and All-Day pay parking in downtown parking lots is handled by Pay Stations which accept coins, debit, and credit cards. Pay parking costs $1 per hour.
LOOK FOR OUR
Transportation Engineering Manager
425.587.3490 x 4
Important Parking Documents