Click on the thumbnail above for a full-sized PDF of the progress map.
Preliminary Construction Drawings:
124th Ave NE Sidewalks (PDF 10 MB)
NE 85th St Corridor (PDF 1.61 MB)
Project Map and Schedule(505KB)
Packet Information.(2.31 MB)
February 2013 124th Avenue NE Sidewalk Newsletter(902 KB)
February 2013 NE 85th Street Newsletter(784 KB)
November 2012 NE 85th Street Newsletter (1521 KB)
124th Avenue NE Sidewalk Project Notice #2
September 18, 2012 (PDF 933KB)
124th Avenue NE Sidewalks Project Notice #1
July 3, 2012 (PDF 1,091KB)
June 2012 Newsletter
( 726 KB)
May 2012 Newsletter
( 981 KB)
Currently Kirkland Video Update
Council Update on Property Acquisition Nov 1, 2010
Council Update on Property Acquisition June 15, 2010
Council Meeting Video June 15, 2010 (jump to 10.a.)
Council Update with Communications Plan Dec 2009
Jun 2, 2009 Council Presentation and Discussion (video link)
Jun 2, 2009 Council Packet Material
NE 85 St Subarea Plan
Design Guidelines for the Rose Hill Business District
Rod Steitzer, P.E.
Neighborhood Outreach Coordinator
Update (Sept. 19) -- The City of Kirkland is advising Northeast 85th Street commuters to plan for increased traffic congestion throughout the next several months, as contracted work crews complete an array of tasks contributing to the Northeast 85th Street Corridor Improvements project.
Crews have installed 490 feet of water main, since installation began Sept. 15 just east of the Interstate 405 overpass.
Night crews are installing the water main from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., Monday through Thursday. Day crews are filling and repaving the trench created from the previous night's installation work. Johansen Excavating will have day-time crews performing other tasks, as well. These tasks will impact traffic. The project includes water service line replacements at 85th Street's intersections with 120th, 122nd, 124th, 128th and 132nd avenues northeast.
Why: The Northeast 85th Street improvements will improve traffic flow, enhance walkability, stimulate the local economy and encourage private redevelopment.
Project Overview: The Northeast 85th Street Corridor Improvements are a direct result of a collaborative community planning effort with the Rose Hill Business District businesses, property owners, neighborhood residents, Sound Transit, and the City of Kirkland. The improvements provide a series of coordinated streetscape facilities to minimize traffic delays; enable pedestrians, drivers, bicyclists, transit riders and others to have a safe and pleasant experience; and, to develop a comprehensive transportation system to stimulate economic vitality and redevelopment. The projects include:
- Convert aerial utility lines to underground system along Northeast 85th Street from 120th to 128th Avenue Northeast.
- Install conduit underground for future utility conversion along Northeast 85th Street from 128th Avenue Northeast to 132nd Avenue Northeast
- Sidewalk on both sides of 124th Avenue NE between NE 80th Street and NE 90th Street
- Complete sidewalk on both sides of NE 85th Street between 120th Avenue NE and 132nd Avenue NE
- Install landscape strips with trees, pedestrian lighting and street lighting on both sides of NE 85th Street
- Add Intelligent Transportation System elements at each signalized intersection to coordinate signal timing along the corridor and create a pathway for connection to future Traffic Control Center
- Complete: Install additional southbound 114th Avenue NE to eastbound NE 85th Street left turn lane
- Install channelization island for future eastbound NE 85th Street to northbound 124th Avenue NE left turn lane
- Add northbound 132nd Avenue to eastbound NE 85th Street right turn lane
- Re-stripe southbound to eastbound left turn lane to increase vehicle storage length
- Replace the 50 year old water main along the full length of NE 85th Street from I-405 to 132nd Avenue NE.
- Provide water quality treatment for surface water within NE 85th Street sub-basin from approximately 126th Avenue to 132nd Avenue NE
- Resurface NE 85th Street Corridor
The planned schedule may change and will be updated regularly.
Sidewalks on 124th
|Underground Utility Wires
|124th & 132nd Intersection
|Sidewalks on 85th, watermain, detention and sediment control
How can I stay informed?
Send in a comment or question.
Join the 85th Street Project List-Serve and Automatically Receive E-mail Updates... If you would like to receive electronic notices of upcoming meetings regarding the projects, please click here to sign-up.
Caring for your infrastructure to keep Kirkland
healthy, safe and vibrant.