Click on the map above to see six other sidewalk sections Kirkland is planning to build in 2018 and 2019.
UPDATES & INFORMATION
Update (Sept. 10, 2017) -- To prepare for tree planting during the rainy season, Kamins Construction will be laying top soil this week in the planters along 126th Avenue Northeast.
- State of Washington Safe Routes to Schools Program
Neighborhood Outreach Coordinator
Marius Eugenio, Jr
By encouraging children and parents to walk to school, traffic congestion around schools is reduced, greenhouse gas emissions are reduce, and children benefit by improved health and readiness to learn. As a result, school walk route improvements are a significant focus of the recently adopted Transportation Master Plan and Capital Improvement Program funding.
The City of Kirkland is designing and constructing in 2018 and 2019 seven sections of sidewalk that will help complete the city's network of School Walk Routes.
Those sidewalk sections include:
- MARK TWAIN: Northeast 104th Street (south side), from 132nd to 126th avenues northeast
- MARK TWAIN: 126th Avenue Northeast (west side), from Northeast 85th to Northeast 90th streets
- MARK TWAIN: 126th Avenue Northeast (west side), from Northeast 90th Street to Northeast 94th Way
- ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL: 108th Avenue Northeast (east side), from Northeast 112th to 116th streets
- JUANITA: 94th Avenue Northeast (east side), from Northeast 124th to 128th streets
- PETER KIRK: Northeast 95th Street (south side), from 116th to 112th avenues northeast
- PETER KIRK: 111th Avenue Northeast (east side), from Northeast 100th to 104th streets
MARK TWAIN: 126th Avenue Northeast, from Northeast 85th Street to Northeast 90th Street
PETER KIRK: 100th Street, from 112th Avenue Northeast to 116th Avenue Northeast
A.G. BELL: 112th Avenue Northeast, from 120th Avenue to the Cross Kirkland Corridor
LAKEVIEW: West side of 104th Avenue NE and North side of NE 67th Street
JUANITA: West side of 97th Place NE from NE 128th Street to NE 129th Place near Juanita Elementary.
A.G. BELL: East side of 110th Avenue NE from NE 116th Street leading into the back entrance of AG Bell Elementary.
PETER KIRK: West side of 6th Street from 13th Avenue and 15th Avenue near Peter Kirk Elementary.
PETER KIRK: North side of 12th Avenue NE from 6th Street and back entrance to School.
PETER KIRK: East side of 116th Avenue NE from NE 87th Street to NE 100th Street.
MARK TWAIN: West side of 130th Ave NE adjacent to Mark Twain Elementary.
ROSE HILL: South side of NE 80th Street from 130th Avenue NE to 128th Avenue NE near Rose Hill Elementary.
LAKEVIEW: East side of 103rd Avenue NE, eliminate gaps between NE 64th Street and NE 67th Street near Lakeview Elementary.
BEN FRANKLIN: North side of NE 60th Street from 116th Avenue NE to 132nd Avenue NE.
BEN FRANKLIN: East side of 125th Avenue
NE just south of NE 70th and north of NE 65th Lane to north of NE
65th Place near Ben Franklin Elementary. New crosswalks will be
installed along 122nd Avenue NE at NE 62nd Street and NE 61st Street.
Thanks to the 2012 Street Levy,the City will have an additional $150,000 per year to help leverageState and Federal funding to increase safe routes to Kirkland elementaryand middle schools. To suggest a sidewalk or walkway improvement go to: Suggest a Project
Caring for your infrastructure to keep Kirkland healthy, safe and vibrant.