Update (Nov. 1, 2016) --
A project to add nearly 2,000 linear feet of sidewalk in North Rose Hill will likely begin this winter and be complete by summer. The School Walk Route Enhancements project will provide a continuous sidewalk along 126th Avenue Northeast, from Northeast 85th Street to Northeast 95th Street and along Northeast 90th Street, from 124th Avenue Northeast to 126th Avenue Northeast.
- State of Washington Safe Routes to Schools Program
Neighborhood Outreach Coordinator
- Peter Kirk, 100th Street, from 112th Avenue Northeast to 116th Avenue Northeast
- A.G. Bell, 112th Avenue Northeast, from 120th Avenue to the Cross Kirkland Corridor
- Lakeview, West side of 104th Avenue NE and North side of NE 67th Street
- Juanita, West side of 97th Place NE from NE 128th Street to NE 129th Place near Juanita Elementary.
- AG Bell, East side of 110th Avenue NE from NE 116th Street leading into the back entrance of AG Bell Elementary.
- Peter Kirk, West side of 6th Street between 13th Avenue and 15th Avenue near Peter Kirk Elementary.
- Mark Twain, West side of 130th Ave NE adjacent to Mark Twain Elementary.
- Rose Hill, South side of NE 80th Street from 130th Avenue NE to 128th Avenue NE near Rose Hill Elementary.
- Lakeview, East side of 103rd Avenue NE, eliminate gaps between NE 64th Street and NE 67th Street near Lakeview Elementary.
- Ben Franklin, East side of 125th Avenue
NE just south of NE 70th and north of NE 65th Lane to north of NE
65th Place near Ben Franklin Elementary. New crosswalks will be
installed along 122nd Avenue NE at NE 62nd Street and NE 61st Street.
Thanks to the 2012 Street Levy,the City will have an additional $150,000 per year to help leverageState and Federal funding to increase safe routes to Kirkland elementaryand middle schools. To suggest a sidewalk or walkway improvement go to: Suggest a Project
Caring for your infrastructure to keep Kirkland healthy, safe and vibrant.