1. Ensure your court sentencing paperwork clearly states that you are allowed to complete your sentence at the Kirkland Jail.
2. Ensure your court sentencing paperwork clearly states the number of days of jail you must complete. The fee of $80 per day must be paid IN FULL
for all days being served at the time of booking (work release will be required to make weekly payments). Payments must be made by credit card only
and are subject to a processing fee.
3. You must download and fill out COMPLETELY
the Outside Agency Jail Commitment Application
(PDF), including an email address to the court of record
in order to send proof of completion of your sentence. Any applications not filled out completely will be rejected.
4. You must submit the application and a copy of your court paperwork in person (preferred), by fax (425-587-3463) or by email (CorrectionsSupervisors@kirklandwa.gov
). It is your responsibility to follow up with Kirkland Jail staff to determine if your application has been approved and to schedule a commitment date.
5. Once your application has been approved, a commitment date will be scheduled on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday only. Commitments dates are made at least one week in advance and we will attempt to find a mutually agreeable date, however it is subject to jail population and is dependent on officer discretion. The commitment date may be moved or canceled at any time due to jail population or operational needs. Commitment times are 8:30 am
, if you are late you will not be admitted and it may jeopardize your ability to fulfill future commitments at the Kirkland Jail. We do not offer weekend commitment dates for any outside agency commitments.