Protect Your Car Did You Know?
Car Prowls are one of the most prevalent crimes in the Kirkland Area. They are also easily preventable.Are You at Risk?
- This crime occurs in every area of the city.
- It can take as little as 15 seconds to commit
- Items taken can lead to further crimes against your home, credit history and identity.
- The average loss from each reported car prowl is close to $1000.00
Please follow these safety tips to help prevent theft and damage
- ALWAYS LOCK YOUR CAR!
- Always remove valuables when parking your car.
- Items you cannot take with you should be placed out of sight.
- Park in well-lighted areas, even at home.
- Park in areas of high foot traffic.
- NEVER confront anyone involved in criminal activity-even if it is to your own vehicle-call law enforcement immediately and take notes of descriptions, locations and directions of travel.
Help reduce car prowls:
- Call 911 immediately to report suspicious activity.
- Report any incidents to the Kirkland Police Department at (425) 587-3400 if you become a victim