Skip to main content
Twitter YouTube Print E-mail a friend this page> Share this page

Animal Services Information

In Kirkland, animal services (control, shelter and pet licensing) are currently provided by Regional Animal Services of King County (RASKC) through an Inter-local Agreement between the City of Kirkland and King County. The Kirkland Police Department oversees the contract. Pet license fees fund these three services.

animal services logoThe Kirkland Police Department will be taking over Animal Services on January 1, 2018, to provide better, more responsive service.

Read more about the change.

Animal Control
RASKC provides a 24-hour public safety response to dangerous domestic animals such as cats and dogs, loose livestock on public roadways, as well as animal injury, and abuse. They respond to non-emergency calls at 206-296-PETS (7387) seven days a week between the hours of 7:30 am to 6:30 pm. If you are experiencing a life-threatening animal-related emergency, call 9-1-1.

Animal Sheltering

Shelter services include the general care, cleaning and nourishment of lost or stray dogs, cats and some other animals. Animal shelters help advocate for animal welfare and educate people to ensure that animals are cared for and safe.  Read more about lost pets or pet adoption on the RASKC website.

Pet Licensing

Pet licenses protect your pet by providing a way for the finder to contact you if your pet strays, and pet license fees support the animal services that RASKC provides. All dogs and cats must be licensed within the City of Kirkland.  Read more about how to get a pet license in Kirkland.

What to Do About Deceased Animals
First determine if the deceased animal is domestic (dog and cats) or wild (raccoon, possum, etc.).

  • For domestic animals contact Regional Animal Services of King County, 206-296-7387
  • For wild animals City of Kirkland Public Works Maintenance Center, 425-587-3900
  • Police Department
    11750 NE 118th St, Kirkland WA 98034

    General Inquiries
    For police, fire, and emergency medical services, call 9-1-1
    Non-emergency incident: 425-577-5656