The Kirkland Bureau of Fire Prevention has 4 staff members: The Fire Marshal, one Assistant Fire Marshal and two Fire Inspector/Investigators.
The Fire Investigation Team is also part of the Fire Prevention Bureau. Headed by the Fire Marshal, the Fire Investigation Unit (FIU) consists of 7 dual role investigators (5 from the Fire Department and 2 from the Police Department).
Our mission is to create a safe environment for our residents and our business community. We strive to prevent injury and loss of life and property through the following activities:
- Plan review and permit issuance for new construction
and fire protection systems
- Inspections of new construction and fire protection
- Issuance of operational permits for activities regulated
by the International Fire Code
- Annual fire/life safety inspections in existing buildings
- Investigation of fires to determine origin and cause
- Code and policy development and interpretation
- Publication of operating policies and fire safety information bulletins
- Adult Education*
- Safe Child Education*
For general inspection and fire code questions contact inspectors at Fireinspector@kirklandwa.gov or call 425-587-3661. We will attempt to return inquiries within 2 business days.
Construction and fire system permits may be accessed online at mybuildingpermit.com
Sparkler permits are available online at www.mybuildingpermit.com.
For the other IFC and operational fire permits (PDF - 45kb), please complete the application and email, mail or deliver all documents to finspector@Kirkland.wa.gov. or Fire Prevention 123 5th Avenue, Kirkland, WA 98033