Due to HIGH VOLUMES of processing we recommend you call City Hall in advance for wait times (425) 587-3000. The Department of State is expecting an increase in passport applications through 2018.
Kirkland City Hall
123 Fifth Ave
Kirkland, WA 98033
Effective March 1st, 2017
Monday 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM & 12:00 PM - 4:15 PM
Tuesday 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM & 12:00 PM - 4:15 PM
Wednesday 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM & 12:00 PM - 4:15 PM
Thursday 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM & 12:00 PM - 4:15 PM
Friday 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM & 12:00 PM - 4:15 PM
The passport agent is NOT able to accept applications after closing. It is highly recommended that you call in advance (425) 587-3000 for wait time. The last passport application is accepted at 4:15 PM.
Please note: The City of Kirkland does not make appointments for Passport Application Processing. Processing is done on a first come, first served basis. If you are unprepared at the time your name is called, you will have to sign-in again at the next available time.
- It takes about 15 minutes to process an application. To expedite this process, please bring photocopies of the front and back of all documents used to apply.
- All applicants must be present at time of application, regardless of age or previous passport status.
- The Passport fee MUST be a check or money-order. The execution fee must be paid separately, by either check/money-order, cash, or a Visa/MasterCard.
- Applicants under age 16 must be accompanied by both parents. If only one parent is available, a notarized Statement of Consent Form can be submitted, with front and back copy of photo ID.
- U.S. Department of State Application for a U.S. Passport
The City of Kirkland is a Passport Acceptance Facility, allowing us to assist with applications for a US passport. By US regulation, only federal, state or local government officials may serve as passport acceptance agents. Acceptance agents receive applications from the public and review them to ensure all necessary information and citizenship evidence is included. They administer the required oath and witness the applicants' signatures, then forward the applications to the Passport Services Agency (US Dept. of State) for issuance. Acceptance facilities also provide the public with general information on passport procedures and serve as a liaison between applicants and Passport Services Agencies.
The actual decision to issue or deny a passport is made only by a Passport Services Agency, not the City of Kirkland. To check on the status of a submitted passport, please call Toll Free 1-877-487-2778.