Passport Acceptance Facility
Kirkland City Hall
123 Fifth Ave
Kirkland, WA 98033
(To speak to the agent directly, please dial x3149 during passport hours.)
Hours of Operation
Wednesday 10:00am - 3:30pm*
Thursday 10:00am - 3:30pm*
Friday 8:00am - 1:00pm* & 2:00pm - 4:30pm*
*The passport agent is NOT able to accept applications after closing. It is highly recommended that you arrive within at least an hour of closing due to fluctuating volume of applicants.
- The City of Kirkland does not make appointments for Passport Application Processing. Processing is done on a first come, first served basis. To accommodate customers, there is a will call list once the sign in sheet is full. This is not a guarantee of service.
- Passport Services are NOT available Monday and Tuesday, as well as all federal holidays.
- It takes about 15 minutes to process an application. To expedite this process, please bring photocopies of the front and back of all documents used to apply.
- All applicants must be present at time of application.
- The Passport fee MUST be a check or money-order. The execution fee must be paid separately, by either check/money-order or cash. We are not able to accept credit cards.
- Applicants under age 16 must be accompanied by both parents. If only one parent is available, a notarized Statement of Consent Form can be submitted, with front and back copy of photo ID.
- U.S. Department of State Application for a U.S. Passport
The City of Kirkland is a Passport Acceptance Facility, allowing us to assist with applications for a US passport. By US regulation, only federal, state or local government officials may serve as passport acceptance agents. Acceptance agents receive applications from the public and review them to ensure all necessary information and citizenship evidence is included. They administer the required oath and witness the applicants' signatures, then forward the applications to the Passport Services Agency (US Dept. of State) for issuance. Acceptance facilities also provide the public with general information on passport procedures and serve as a liaison between applicants and Passport Services Agencies.
The actual decision to issue or deny a passport is made only by a Passport Services Agency, not the City of Kirkland. To check on the status of a submitted passport, please call Toll Free 1-877-487-2778.