Passport Acceptance Facility
Kirkland City Hall
123 Fifth Ave
Kirkland, WA 98033
Kirkland City Hall does NOT accept credit card payments for passport application processing.
Please see Passport Fee Section for more details.
Hours of Operation
Wednesday 10:00am - 3:30pm
Thursday 10:00am - 3:30pm
Friday 8:00am - 1:00pm & 2:00pm - 4:30pm
The City of Kirkland does not make appointments for Passport Application Processing. Processing is done on a first come, first served basis.
Passport Services are NOT available Monday and Tuesday, as well as all federal holidays.
Note: During the afternoons there is a first come, first serve sign in sheet due to applicant volume.
- All applicants must be present at time of application.
- The Passport fee MUST be a check or moneyorder. The execution fee must be paid separately, by either check/moneyorder or cash.
- Applicants under age 16 must be accompanied by both parents. If only one parent is available, a notarized Statement of Consent Form can be submitted.
- U.S. Department of State Application for a U.S. Passport
- Checks or money orders are required. We are not able to accept credit cards.
The City of Kirkland is a Passport Acceptance Facility, allowing us to assist with applications for a US passport. By US regulation, only federal, state or local government officials may serve as passport acceptance agents. Acceptance agents receive applications from the public and review them to ensure all necessary information and citizenship evidence is included. They administer the required oath and witness the applicants' signatures, then forward the applications to the Passport Services Agency (US Dept. of State) for issuance. Acceptance facilities also provide the public with general information on passport procedures and serve as a liaison between applicants and Passport Services Agencies.
The actual decision to issue or deny a passport is made only by a Passport Services Agency, not the City of Kirkland. To check on the status of a submitted passport, please call Toll Free 1-877-487-2778.