Contact: Sudie Elkayssi
Parks and Community Services
February 18, 2016
KIRKLAND, Wash. – Commuters should expect traffic delays due to the Kirkland Shamrock Run to be held at Marina Park on Saturday, March 12, 2016. A route map is posted online at www.kirklandwa.gov/specialevents. The Lakeshore Plaza Lot, including Kirkland Avenue from Lake Street to the city dock, will be closed from 5:00 a.m. until noon. Northbound and southbound detours will be in place and the following lanes, including the boat launch, will be closed from 8:45 a.m. until the final athlete finishes at approximately 10:30 a.m.:
• Eastbound and westbound lanes of Kirkland Avenue from city dock to Main Street
• Eastbound lane of Kirkland Avenue from Main Street to Kirkland Way
• Eastbound lane of Kirkland Way from Kirkland Avenue to 6th Street
• Northbound lane of 6th Street from Kirkland Way to 10th Avenue
• Westbound lane of 10th Avenue from 6th Street to Market Street
• Northbound lane of Market Street from 10th Avenue to 14th Avenue
• Westbound lane of 14th Avenue W from Market Street to 6th Street W
• Southbound lane of 6th Street W from 14th Avenue W to Waverly Way
• Southbound lane of Waverly Way from 6th Street W to Market Street
• Southbound lane of Market Street from Waverly Way to Lakeshore Plaza
At 9:45 a.m. a temporary 15 minute closure of eastbound Central Way from Market Street to Lake Street and southbound Lake Street from Central Way to Kirkland Avenue will be in effect during the kid’s race.
Event organizers anticipate 1,300 athletes will participate in the 5th annual event. Event goers are encouraged to carpool and plan for their parking in advance. For public parking, including the Kirkland Municipal Garage, go to www.kirklandwa.gov/parking. For bus transportation, go to http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/. For event information, go to www.explorekirkland.com. For permit information contact, Sudie Elkayssi, Special Projects Coordinator, City of Kirkland Parks & Community Services Department at 425-587-3347 or email@example.com.