Fourth of July Event Overview
The annual Celebrate Kirkland 4th of July Parade and community events will be held on Tuesday, July 4, 2017. There will be a parade, community picnic and evening fireworks show. Over 10,000 people are expected to attend.
Various roads and parking lots will be closed around downtown. Commuters should expect traffic delays throughout the day.
Parade Route and Staging Area
- 6:30 am — Parade route and staging route cleared, vehicles will be towed
- 9:30 am — Parade route closes and detours in place
- 10 am — Children’s decorating event at Marina Park Pavilion, family games and activities
- 11:30 am — Children’s walking parade begins at the Pavilion and ends at the intersection of Central Way and Lake St S
- 12 pm — Old fashioned downtown parade starts at Market and Central, then moves through Marina Park
- 1 — 10:15 pm — Picnic, food and sponsor vendors at Marina Park
- 5 pm — Music in the park
- 10:15 pm — Fireworks Show
Residents are encouraged to enjoy the public display of fireworks in downtown Kirkland. It is illegal to use or sell consumer fireworks within the City. To report fireworks emergencies, call 9-1-1. To report non-emergency violations of the fireworks ban, please call the NORCOM Dispatch at 425-577-5656.
Read more on the fireworks ban and other ways to stay safe this Fourth of July.