The Recycling Collection Event is a twice-a-year event that allows Kirkland residents to dispose of recyclable items that are not normally accepted during weekly recycling collection service or through product stewardship programs. Instead of ending up in the landfill if thrown away as trash, all items collected at the event will be recycled. Funding is provided by King County Solid Waste Division and Local Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County.
No vehicles will be admitted after 3pm, sharp. No exceptions.
Accepted items include:
Cash only for all fees. Fees are a pass-through charge, at-cost for proper processing.
- Air conditioners & dehumidifiers - $33/each
- Batteries (including rechargeable)
- Electronic equipment and computer peripherals (no TVs, computer monitors or laptops)
- Fluorescent tubes and bulbs (unbroken) - limit 10 each per household
- Motor oil, oil filters, antifreeze, and other auto fluids
- Mattresses and box springs (must be dry) - $15/each
- Porcelain toilets/sinks - $15/each
- Propane tanks (empty, residential only) - $5/each
- Small camping propane tanks (empty) - $1/each
- Refrigerators and freezers - $28/each
- Scrap metal
- Styrofoam blocks and packing peanuts
- Tires - charge varies for size and on/off rim - passenger tires $0-$3.50/each - truck tires $5-$15/each
Confidential shredding will be available - limit four file-size boxes per household. Staples are OK, no binder clips.
Car seats will not be collected due to a recent change in the plastics market. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Only items listed on the flyer will be accepted. Bulky wood is not accepted at this event - it will be accepted at our spring event. Hazardous material is not accepted at the event, and should be disposed of at the Factoria Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off site.