The Recycling Collection Event is a twice-a-year event that allows Kirkland residents to dispose of recyclable items that are not normally accepted during weekly recycling collection service or through product stewardship programs. Instead of ending up in the landfill if thrown away as trash, all items collected at the event will be recycled. Funding is provided by King County Solid Waste Division and Local Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County.
No vehicles will be admitted after 3pm, sharp. No exceptions.
Note that this event is popular and there may be a wait to dispose of your items.
Cash only for all fees. Fees are a pass-through charge, at-cost for proper processing.
- Air conditioners & dehumidifiers - fee
- Batteries (including rechargeable)
- Bulky wood (untreated, not painted or stained, no particle board) - limit two loads per household
- Electronic equipment / peripherals (no TVs, computer monitors or laptops)
- Fluorescent tubes and bulbs (unbroken) - limit 10 each per household
- Motor oil, oil filters, antifreeze, and other auto fluids (in gallon containers or larger)
- Mattresses and box springs (must be dry and clean) - fee
- Porcelain toilets/sinks - fee
- Propane tanks (empty, residential only) - fee
- Small camping propane tanks (empty) - fee
- Refrigerators and freezers - fee
- Styrofoam blocks and packing peanuts
- Tires - charge varies for size and on/off rim - fee
See the full list of accepted materials and fees (PDF, 360kb).
Confidential shredding will be available - limit four file-size boxes (or equivalent volume) per household. Staples are OK, no binder clips.
Only items listed on the flyer will be accepted. Scrap metal is not accepted at this event - it will be accepted at our Fall event. Hazardous material is not accepted at the event, and should be disposed of at the Traveling Wastemobile (in Kirkland 5/11-13) or Factoria Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off site.